… Delivering on More Than Just Flavor!
This smooth and creamy gluten-free, dairy-free protein smoothie is loaded with nutrition and health benefits of pumpkin, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), blueberries and cashew butter. Mixed with shredded coconut and agave nectar for a slightly sweet flavor, everything is whirred together with almond milk in your blender to produce a thick, velvety drink worthy of calling it breakfast or lunch. This smoothie is much more than a healthy snack and will keep delivering energy all morning or afternoon long.
Here are the approximate nutritional rewards per serving (with this recipe making enough for two):
- Protein – 9.5g
- Carbs – 34g
- Calories – 323
- Fiber – 8.5g
- Fat – 15.5g
- Saturated Fat (only from pepitas and coconut) – 4.75g
- Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) contain essential fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, as well as a whole host of minerals and vitamins.
- Blueberries are considered one of the healthiest fruits and fall into the low-GI (low glycemic index) category of fruit, helping to maintain even blood sugar levels.
- Pumpkin contains an abundance of Vitamin A, a key player in healthy skin and eye sight.
With all these nutritional benefits – and so many more that I’ve not included – this smoothie is a delicious and healthful way to celebrate the flavors of fall while giving our body just what it needs to stay strong.
Gluten-free Dairy-free Blueberry Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons nut butter - I use Homemade Cashew Butter
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or dairy-free milk of your choice
- 3-4 non-dairy milk ice cubes
- Place pumpkin, blueberries, pepitas, coconut, cashew butter, agave nectar, and pumpkin pie spice into a blender, preferably a high-speed blender. Pour in almond milk and add ice cubes. Process on low for 20-30 seconds then gradually increase speed to highest level. Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until completely smooth.
- Serve cold. If only half is being consumed at this time, store the other half in a resealable jar in the fridge until ready to drink, up to 24 hours. Shake well before using.
Safe food is a journey … Thrive!™
Other recipes you might enjoy: