… A Yummy Morning Eye-Opener!
Here’s a tasty morning eye-opening juice that will have your taste buds dancing and your urinary tract feeling flushed … which is a good thing, in case you were wondering.
Cran-Apple Zinger Juice is a sweet and bright, zippy combination of juiced carrots, fresh cranberries, sweet apples (I used Gala here), and ginger. While fresh cranberries can be very tart and overbearing on their own, the sweetness of the carrots and apples give us that sweetness to keep everything in flavor balance. Then I’ve popped in a little piece of fresh ginger, just to tip the taste buds over to the “zinger” side again … just a little.
Since this juice is higher in sugar than some of my green juice recipes, I like to enjoy this drink with some nuts or a tablespoonful of nut butter to help keep my system in balance and feeling good – so there’s no sugar spike then crash.
Cran-Apple Zinger Juice
- 3 sweet apples, cored - I use Gala apples
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2-inch disc of fresh ginger, peeled
- Juice all ingredients according to your juicer’s directions. Stir well to mix flavors. Drink and enjoy!
- Note: Keeping fresh ginger on hand is easy. With a spoon, scrape the skin off of the ginger root, snap ginger root into small pieces (a couple inches long), then wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store them in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer. When ginger is called for, simply cut a piece for juicing, or grate for other uses.
- *I have no medical training, (though I don’t think most medical professionals necessarily “get it”), so if you have concerns as to whether juicing is beneficial for you, please consult a nutritionist for the best advice for your personal needs.
Safe food is a journey … Thrive!™
Other recipes you might enjoy: