… A Healthful, Green, Energy Drink!
There is an ongoing debate by some as to whether juicing is beneficial for your health. Done correctly, research shows it can be.* Making sure to balance the fruit to vegetable ratio is a key factor in the health benefit outcome, not allowing your juice to become sugar-loaded that can cause adverse instead of healthful results.
This green juice recipe, which is gently sweet but more bright and lively, has cucumber being the first flavor present, quickly followed by celery. Lime offers abundant antioxidants – and a bit of tang, and ginger is the perfect tummy soother. Cucumbers provide anti-inflammatory benefits that are important for overall wellness. (I did include cucumber in the photo, but it was hidden by the glass of green goodness, which I overlooked … darn it!). The apple, with its own nutritional qualities, simply makes the juice taste perfectly balanced. Because this juice recipe contains only fresh fruits and vegetables, it is naturally free of gluten, dairy, soy, and nut-derivatives.
All of this healthy goodness equates to one more benefit … lots of energy … GO!
Green Juice ... Go!
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach
- 3 short stalks celery
- 1 sweet apple, cut into large chunks and core discarded - I like Pink Lady apples
- 1 Persian cucumber, peeled
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 lime, peeled and cut into large wedges
- Juice all ingredients according to your juicer’s directions. Stir well to mix flavors. Drink and enjoy!
- Note: Keeping fresh ginger on hand is easy. With a spoon, scrape the skin off of the ginger root, snap ginger root into smaller pieces (a couple inches long), then wrap each piece in plastic wrap and store them in a resealable plastic bag in the freezer. When ginger is called for, simply cut a piece for juicing, or grate for other uses.
- *I have no medical training (though I don't think the medical professionals necessarily "get it"), so if you have concerns as to whether juicing is beneficial for you, please consult a nutritionist for the best advice for your personal needs.
Safe food is a journey … Thrive!™
Other recipes you might enjoy: