… Nutty, Salty, Sweet Dark Chocolate Bark Goodness!
This is such a simple snack, yet it is so satisfying that even just a small piece of this gluten-free, dairy-free dark chocolate candy is enough to please the palate without overindulging. I love snacks like that, don’t you?
When your sweet tooth calls, simply grab a small piece of this dark chocolate smattered with tasty niblets. It makes your sweet tooth, and your taste buds, think you’re indulging a whole lot more than you really are. The saltiness and crunch from the pistachios combine deliciously with the sweet, nutty coconut. At the same time, the richness of the dark chocolate contrasts against the tang of the tart cherries, resulting in a flavor explosion all in one little bite. I’ve added a tiny amount of virgin coconut oil to the dark chocolate base. I like how the hint of coconut flavor carries a theme throughout this dark chocolate fruit and nut candy. Since coconut oil becomes very soft, or even liquid, at warm room temps, this bark needs to be kept in the freezer. Because the layer of chocolate is so thin, grabbing a piece of bark straight from the freezer in a super crisp state is easy to eat. I think it tastes especially good like this. I love the cold chocolate when it hits my tongue then melts into a luxurious sweet, coconut-y, smooth texture. Oh yeah!
Gluten-free Vegan Pistachio Tart Cherry Dark Chocolate Bark
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips - I use Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Line a 15x10-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine pistachios, cherries, and coconut in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler, or in a bowl set over a pot with simmering water, until about ¾ of the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and stir chocolate until all chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the parchment paper and spread to a thin layer by gently tilting pan or spreading with a knife.
- Sprinkle pistachio mixture over chocolate. Place baking sheet in freezer for 30 minutes. Break bark into pieces and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Store in the freezer. Do not thaw before eating. Enjoy!
Safe food is a journey … Thrive!™
Other recipes you might enjoy: